Our Orca Whale leather hair barrette features an original Pacific Northwest Native design by the late artist Danny Dennis.
Danny Dennis was a prolific Gitxsan First Nations (Tsimshian) artist from British Columbia, Canada. We were fortunate to meet him at our belt stand in the 1980s during which time this artwork was commissioned.
A portion of proceeds from this sale and all other Pacific Northwest Native designs are donated to the WomenSpirit Coalition (Washington State Native American Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault).
- Ideal for thick or curly, medium to long hairstyles
- Measures 4.25 x 2.25'' with a 3.75'' distance between barrette holes
- Made from premium full grain American cowhide
- Comes with two wooden barrette sticks
- Handcrafted in the heart of Pike Place Market, Seattle, WA, USA