A portion of proceeds from this sale are donated to the WomenSpirit Coalition (Washington State Native American Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault).
This design was created by the late artist Danny Denis of the Gitxsan tribe who we were so fortunate to meet at our belt stand in Pike Place Market in the early 1980's. This commissioned piece depicts the wolf in bold relief on full-grain leather in Buckskin/Brown.
Danny Dennis was a prolific Gitxsan First Nations (Tsimshian) artist from British Columbia, Canada. He was self-taught and began making art in 1978 in various mediums including painting, printmaking, carving and jewelry making. His art reflects the beauty of his homeland, while fusing his past with his present day experiences.
- Made from Full-Grain American Leather.
- Secure in hair with durable wooden barrette stick (extra stick included with order).
- Measures 1’’ high by 5'' wide (4'' distance between barrette holes).
- Ideal for curly or thick medium to long hairstyles.
- If you have shorter or thinner hair, use an elastic band underneath and place the leather barrette on top for decoration.
- Handcrafted in the heart of Pike Place Market, Seattle, WA, USA.